Luke 19:5 – And when Jesus reached the place, He looked up and said to him, Zacchaeus, hurry and come down; for I must stay at your house today.
What big surprise this must have been to Zacchaeus? He may have never expected Jesus to make this statement. There must be numerous questions running through His mind such as, “How does He know my name?” “How does He know I’m up on this tree?” Nevertheless, he was filled with amazement and joy that the Master Jesus wanted to come to his house.
BUT GOD LOVES US
In our large world, it’s easy to think that we are nothing more than an unimportant dot in the midst of a crowd. This world tends to depersonalize us, seeking to make us like everyone else, but God loves us in specific ways that are particular to us.
Jesus was on His way to Jerusalem to fulfill His assignment on the cross. The multitudes thronged on Him in such numbers that the very small Zacchaeus could not see Jesus unless he climbed a tree. Zacchaeus would have been satisfied simply to catch a glimpse of the great teacher.
However Jesus stopped, turned, and looked directly at him! In that moment, Zacchaeus was oblivious to the crowd around him. Thus began a special time with Jesus that radically changed his life.
Our understanding and implementation
- Jesus will relate to you in ways that are unique to you.
- He knows your past; He knows what you will face in the future. Because He knows everything about you, His Word to you will perfectly fit the circumstances of your life.
- You may be in a group of Christians who are listening to God’s Word, and you may hear things from Him that no one hears.
- Do not become frustrated with others if they are not as excited about a truth from God as you are.
- Do not be impatient with them if they are not implementing Gods Word in their lives exactly as you are.
- God will personalize His word to you.
- He will relate to each of your friends in a way that specifically meets their needs as well.
(Prayer) Father, I thank you that your Word is personal to me. I am empowered and encouraged by your word today. Help me listen, understand and implement your Word. I thank you that I am growing in faith, patience and joy as I endure through tough seasons always meditating in your Word.
I thank you that you strengthen me as I walk thorough life aligning my whole life according to your word. Father, I thank and praise you, and make this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and King. Amen.